Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day Thirty: New Shoes

I've been wearing all my shoes until they have fallen apart, literally, usually while I'm walking and a lot of times when its raining. I just can't seem to let go, a common theme that has followed me through my life. I had a really good day today. I went to a meeting to continue in my quest  towards sobriety, went to physical therapy for my ankles, and I decided to treat myself to a little treat. Instead of using my money to buy drugs which I would have done in the past, I bought myself a pair of shoes.Sometimes I forget how much money I've thrown into poisoning my body just to stay away from my emotions. Now I'm learning to deal with my emotions on a daily basis through counseling and other therapies. For all the hard work I've been putting into my growth I decided I deserved a little treat. I learned that sometimes you need to treat yourself to something  nice so that life doesn't become stagnant. I also learned that I'm worth it and I don't need to apologize for treating myself to something nice.

super cute and sweet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment