Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day Fourty Three: New Friends

Today I went with my new outpatient friend J to an AA meeting. It feels so great to have friends with people who are working the same program as me. I can be honest in my feelings and know that there are others out there who are struggling with some of the same issues that I am. I love this new girl, she's funny and totally gets me and we help each other out through the struggles of being in recovery. I have a harder time connecting with women so we went to a women's meeting which was good. I still connect better with NA but this was a good opportunity to have a girl's date. I learned that I can find women friends and feel comfortable about who I am around them. Even though I went to an all girls high school it seems so much harder as an adult, because sometimes I feel like women throw shade at me. That feeling is probably in my head, or maybe it is a reality. Gaining this new friend makes me feel better about trying to connect with other women. I learned that if I am open minded I can continue to build bonds with other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment