Monday, May 27, 2013

Day Fifty Five: Burnt Out

After spending some time with the kids this week I was totally burnt out. But I did keep to my schedule and made it to a meeting. This was an anniversary meeting and for the first time I wasn't angry. The speakers were all really good. I also rented a movie and spent some time on the couch, before heading to a clean club in Queens. My new lifestyle is starting to feel comfortable. I am learning to adjust my old ideas of having fun to a new way of having fun. I've had to drop some friends in the process, but now my Higher Power is putting new people in my life. I'm still craving drugs and alcohol at times, but the cravings are lessening. I learned that life can be okay without self medicating, even though I miss it sometimes. I have to remember the bad times as well as the good in order to continue on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment