Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day Thirty One: Writers Block

I'm taking a Memoir Writing class, since I totally missed half of the classes the last time I took it. I really love the teacher and the fact that I'm writing again. I sat down on this beautiful day and decided to focus on my assignments. I love the fact that writing allows you to be seen, but not seen at the same time. I feel like you can crawl into your writing cave and still be successful. Today I worked on a chapter about this guy I used to go out with and working on my big chapter assignment that had to do with me living in Wonderland (ie. Alice and Wonderland). Writing is such a meditative thing for me except when I get blocked. I didn't know where I wanted to take the piece and what I wanted to be the theme of the book. I learned that sometimes you need to take a break and step back until the mood strikes you again. This is my first time being sober and trying to find my voice at the same time. I know I can do it,but its a totally weird feeling to be present and to share your vulnerability. I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment