Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day Twenty Six: Clean House

My apartment looked like a tornado had run through it. Clothes everywhere, food cartons on the floor, dishes piling in the sink, laundry that needs to be done. I hate cleaning up, but I love when my apartment is clean. It feels like a new space. I decided to bite the bullet and start with the living room. I dusted and vacuumed, put all my clothes away, organized my mail and papers. I burned some incense and listened to my ipod turned up real loud to get me in the mood. It actually went faster than I thought. The cats had left hair all over the apartment and I got it all out. I also got a chance to grab all the shirts that I had set aside for donations. Now my place is clean and serene. I learned that if you just put one foot in front of the other the motivation to get things done will just come. I learned that you should always show up to complete the task and it won't be as bad as I picture it in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment