Friday, April 26, 2013

Day Twenty Four: Gearing up for Acting

I haven't really been feeling like acting lately. I feel totally disconnected from my previous dream of being an actress. I decided,with a huge suggestion from my psychiatrist, to return to class. I used to love acting class, but lately I've been feeling writing more than anything. I signed up for class and read two plays. I haven't worked on a character in forever and I'm definitely feeling rusty. I did enjoy one of the plays, the other I could take it or leave it. The assignment reminded me of all the work that it takes to act. I feel like others outside the industry don't understand how much time, dedication, and work that it takes to be so vulnerable and to constantly be rejected. Hopefully returning to class will be a cathartic experience. I'm hoping that my love for my craft will return, but I won't know until class resumes this Tuesday. Wishing myself luck, or better yet patience for myself to let the nuts and bolts readjust. I'm learning to just treat each experience as a new one and its okay to not feel like acting. I have to give myself a break and don't beat myself up too much for not being that enthusiastic. Just remember that each life experience can be a learning experience even if I learn that I'm not so into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment