Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day Nineteen: Its 420 Aggghhhhh

420 used to be my favorite holiday, right up there with Halloween, but now in my newly sober existence I can't even celebrate. For those of you who don't know, 420 is the international holiday to get blazed. Getting blazed was an everyday kind of celebration for me in the past. So instead of chilling all day I started my memoir writing class instead. I was scared to go back to class, since I spent the whole time high last time, and I was afraid my creative juices would not flow without the use of drugs. However, when I was sitting in the class I found myself writing freely. I'm so happy that now I can celebrate this day as a writer and not just a drug addict. I learned that fear can be a great motivator. I learned that I could control my impulses even during this amazingly awesome holiday. Now I can say goodbye 420 and hello productive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment