Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day Thirteen: The Kids Wore Me Out

Whew! I thought I had energy until I went to my best friend's son's birthday party. The kids were jumping on me, chasing me, playing sword fight, and wearing me out. I love being able to just relate to the kids on their level. Its cool to just jump in there and cater to their imaginations. I've noticed that I am one of the few adults that run around and scream with them. I love them so much, they brighten up my day every time I get to hang with them. We do nails. play fashion show, have dance parties, and stay up late (9:00 pm) whenever I babysit them. But when they are fueled on sugar (ala cupcakes) its a whole nother level of energy it takes. Today the oldest told me she was going to run away to my house, the middle one told me she wanted to have our date this Friday and for the date she wanted to get her nails done,wear makeup, go out to dinner, and get ice cream (wow look out boys), and the little one said 'yes' when I asked him if he was my boyfriend. I love that even though I don't have kids it's nice to feel part of a family. I am truly grateful to have them in my lives. I learned that even though I don't have a family of my own (i.e. a husband and kids) I have a makeshift family right in my backyard. I learned that its nice to let my hair down and just be one of the kids, however being one of the kids totally wore me out. Its definitely time for me to crash and reboot before I go back into the adult world.

                                                                       the little one

                                                                       the middle one

                                                                      the oldest one
              (btw I'm too through with her pose, I definitely know I taught her that at  some point)

                                                      Me after a afternoon with the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment