Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day Four: The Power of Music and the Pole

After stabbing myself in the hand last night I was ready to cancel my date, but I got my lazy behind up and then headed out to this pole dancing class. I'm so happy that I gave myself the opportunity to learn how to use my sensuality through music and ultimately learn to accept my body where it is at right now. The teacher gave us an assignment to bring in pictures of women that we admired. I found this great picture of Lisa Bonet. I love the natural and simplistic beauty of this shot.


I like the vulnerability and ownership that she has of herself in this image, with just a little touch of sauciness.It makes me think that you won't get over on her.  Many people have told me that vulnerability is beautiful, I haven't quite reached that point of pure belief yet. My fear of being hurt again has definitely kept my walls up. But when I danced to Rihanna's Rock Star all my fears were lifted and I could just enjoy the moment. My body led me to a place of confidence, I owned my curves, and had a pep in my step after the class. So many people told me how beautiful I looked for the rest of the day. I was just living in the moment in the body that is mine now, even though I'm still trying to lose weight I felt better about myself. The power that came from just slowing down is one that can't be expressed in words. I highly recommend that any woman who can find a supportive environment to express themselves should take a class of any sort and ride that wave of happiness and confidence. I learned that I am beautiful just the way that I am and that vulnerability can open your eyes to a whole new world that sits in front of you. So much fun, I'm definitely going to continue on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment