Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day One Hundred and Nineteen: Road Trip

Kisha invited me to a retreat from the city in the Poconos. This was my first time going alone on a trip and it brought up lots of memories for me. Driving through Jersey still makes me sad, because I remember being married and the times we spent together. I realized I've never gone anywhere by myself in terms of driving. I got lost on the way and was getting really anxious. Although I was grateful to have a place to escape to, I realized that I need to be around noise consistently. I learned that its hard for me to function in peace and quiet. I also learned that I still miss being married and having the consistent support of another person by my side. I learned that I can travel by myself, its just something that I still have to get accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment