Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day One Hundred and Twenty Eight: Anger in Check

I have a horrible problem with my anger. It only takes the littlest thing to piss me off. However today there was an incident where I practiced control. I went to yoga class today and was running a little behind. There was another student, a male of course, who was also running behind. When I walked over to the door to open it, he said wait. Immediately I became upset because he was telling me what to do. I wanted to clock him so bad. I began to open the door and he was like just wait. Now I really wanted to clock him, but instead I said please don't tell me what to do it's rude. He shook his head but he shut up. I realized that I really hate when men try to tell me what to do. Especially because he wasn't a teacher just another person practicing yoga. I had to say the serenity prayer like 4 times. It took me about 30 minutes to let it go, which is a success for me since I can hold on to my anger all day. I learned that I can control myself in situations that make me want to get violent. I also learned that I really don't like being told what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment