Monday, August 5, 2013

Day One Hundred and Twenty Six: Biking to the City

I bought my helmet and my bike lock and I biked from Brooklyn to my morning meeting in Manhattan today. It was my first time going across the Brooklyn Bridge without a car. That bridge was no joke but I made it without stopping. I can't believe that I was biking the city with cars. I did feel good about my journey, even though when I parked my bike I was scared someone would try to steal my basket so I took it with me everywhere I went.  I will definitely bike to the city another time this week, it is great exercise and its nice to experience the world through a different perspective. I learned that I can bike with traffic. I also learned that I do have the stamina to keep up with other bikers, even though its harder on the cruiser since there are no gears to help me with the hills. Overall today was a good day even though I was wiped out and crashed on the couch when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment