Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day One Hundred and Thirty: Concert in Prospect Park

This week I have been trying to do more things by myself so I can get to know myself better. I went to a concert in prospect park last night and I met some really nice people who were sitting next to me. It was nice to come alone and then feel included. It rained during some of the concert, but I was able to sit there calmly and enjoy the event. The first performer was kind of annoying, but I sat through it while the people around me were also annoyed as well. We shared many laughs. Then Shaggy came out and everyone was happy. However someone was smoking some of the best weed I had smelled in a long time and of course there were plenty of people drinking. After a while I had to cut out, because of the overwhelming smell of the alcohol, and I didn't want to walk through the park by myself too late. I learned that I can remove myself from toxic situations. I also learned that I shouldn't stop doing things that I want to do just because I have to go at it alone. I am learning to become more comfortable with going out alone without knowing someone is waiting for me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment