Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day One Hundred and Forty Six: Afro Punk Festival

This weekend was the Afro-Punk festival and I decided to check it out today. It was okay, there were so many people there and at first it felt weird to be coming there alone, but I saw this good band and I lost myself for a minute and wasn't self conscious. Score!!!! They had two stages with a multiple number of groups. I wanted to see ?uestlove but I started getting tired and couldn't wait any longer so I bailed out. I ate some tasty food off some of the food trucks and walked around. New York is so funny because it is made up of so many different characters. I saw people with all kinds of hair colors, men in skirts, mid-drifts everywhere, it was a lot of hot messes. There was also the permanent smell of weed which had me jonesing as usual, but I took care of myself by leaving once it got to be too much. I learned that I am really starting to learn how to take care of myself in tempting situations. I also learned that I can really go to a big activity alone and get over my self conscious feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment