Friday, September 20, 2013

Day One Hundred and Sixty Six: Romeo and Juliet

Kisha received some tickets to see Romeo and Juliet and I got to tag along. I'm not really a big Shakespeare fan, but I know that show pretty well so it wasn't too hard to keep up. It was okay for me, but I don't believe in these over dramatic love stories. I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't get the feeling that you could meet someone and instantly fall head over heels in love with them to the point that you are willing to die for them. It's just too much. Kisha enjoyed the show she said it was one of the best adaptations that she has seen. I just hated the premise as per usual. I learned that I really hate love stories, which is probably why I hate romantic comedies. I also learned that I am really cynical when it comes to relationships and dealing with love, and that I've felt this way for a really long time, but my divorce clearly pushed me that way even more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment