Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day One Hundred and Sixty: Job Interview

I just started applying for jobs last week and I had my first interview at a law office. I really liked the people who worked there and this would be a great opportunity to get my feet wet in a new industry. I was really anxious about going, because I hadn't been on an interview in this industry before and I really am pulling away from acting so that I can survive in NYC.  I was so anxious to the point that I was crying before my interview. My mother helped me breathe before I had to go in and I got some confidence in selling myself. It wasn't as bad as I pictured it to be and I really got through it. I learned that my anxiety really has me over the edge and I don't know how to control it. I'm so used to getting away from my feelings that dealing with them is really scary. I learned that I can survive and push through and things will be not as bad as I think they are in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment