Friday, September 20, 2013

Day One Hundred and Sixty Nine: Scam

So I told my parents about the personal assistant job and my mom was convinced it was a scam and she didn't want me to act on it. She called me at 7 in the morning to tell me not to go through with the job and she had a bad feeling in her gut. I had no feeling, which continues to inform me on how I never see red flags. I think I wanted it to be a real offer because I'm struggling to save right now. I believed her after she sent me some information about internet scams and I told the guy I couldn't work for him. I felt really sad and bad, because I hate not being able to follow through with my word, which is something I'm consistently working on, is letting go of the guilt when I am making positive decisions for myself. I was really down the rest of the day since I felt like I was so naive and don't make good decisions. I learned that most of the time that I am still to hard on myself and I need to give myself a break from time to time. I also learned that its okay to believe my mother even though I think she gets nervous about everything, she usually does know what she's talking about

No comments:

Post a Comment