Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day One Hundred and Fifty Six:Duped

Today I thought I would be interviewing for a job at a law office and it turned out to be a temp agency. I felt duped by the job posting. The people at the agency were telling me jobs were paying like $10 an hour and of course I really got upset. It made me feel like I should just go back to waiting tables since I knew I could make more money that way, even though its a dangerous environment for me to be in. I just want to have one job, not have to get two to support myself. I remember working 3 jobs at a time and how exhausted I was with life, because I had no time to enjoy it. I know the right job will come for me, so I just have to stay focused on what I want and not just saying yes to everything because it's an opportunity. I learned that the pay rate for office jobs may not be the best, but that I can say no to positions that don't satisfy me. I also learned to write out what I want and don't want in a position and that just like employers are interviewing me, I am interviewing them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment