Friday, June 7, 2013

Day Sixty Seven: Revealing myself

I had a conversation with a friend who is in the program with me about my causes of depression. I was able to be completely honest about my life and let them know some of my deepest secrets about things that had happened to me. I didn't cry, but just talked about some major things that had happened in my life. What gave me hope was  that as I told them about certain things they fully listened to me without judgment and offered me a hug. I felt welcomed by this person. I learned that it can be life changing to share your secrets, especially when you get support. I learned that I don't have to keep my walls up all the time and that I am slowly learning to trust others. I hope to continue on this path in all my relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment