Friday, June 21, 2013

Day Eighty One: Solstice in Times Square

Today I participated in the summer solstice in times square, where you can do yoga in the middle of times square. It was very interesting seeing all the people come out to do yoga, but it wasn't as serene as I like my yoga to be. The microphone system was acting up and there was construction going on behind us, but I still tried to concentrate. I've been wanting to do this for two years and today I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be cool, but it really wasn't. I would have rathered to go to my regular class in a quiet studio that probably would have been more of a workout, but I'm working on trying new things so I stayed throughout the class. I learned that having high expectations can sometimes lead to disappointment. I also learned that I could concentrate in the middle of times square, no easy feat. I guess I just would have preferred a different teacher, too much spirituality not enough movement for my personal taste, but its all good I won't always get me way. Lesson learned

No comments:

Post a Comment