Monday, June 10, 2013

Day Sixty Nine: Sharing



I had to share at an NA meeting today and I felt totally uncomfortable. It's really hard to stand up in front of a group of people and tell them where you are at in your process. I found myself being very self conscious about what I was talking about, but after the meeting a lot of women came up to me and gave me their phone numbers. I just wish I could reach out more, but more and more each day I realize that I am a loner. I like to work things out on my own and asking others for help is hard for me. I am scared to get 90 days because that's when people start asking you to share your experience, strength, and hope. I sometimes think that my experience will not help anyone. However, through the process of sharing in front of the room I did find others that related to my struggles. I learned that its okay to be nervous about standing up in front of people and revealing my thoughts and that the comfort ability will hopefully come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment