Monday, June 10, 2013

Day Sixty Eight: Doubts

Today I went to my writing class and had a piece reviewed. I get so scared that I am not a good writer or that my pieces won't relate to others. I read others work and get jealous and intimidated that I'm not good enough. Being good enough is one of those qualities that continues to beat up my self esteem. Through this process I've been feeling better about myself, but I continue to have doubts, which I think is pretty normal. I've learned that this is one of my character defects, this need to be the best or be perfect. I've been striving for perfection my entire life, even though I know there is no such thing as perfect. I've learned that I need to give myself a break and realize that life is just a learning process and I'm not always going to confident, but if I continue to work on myself the confidence in my gifts will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment