Thursday, June 5, 2014

False Start: Day One For Real- Childhood Playdate

So today I went to Bryant Park to compete in a friendly game of musical chairs. The grand prize was two plane tickets,unfortunately I didn't win but I did walk away with a free t-shirt. I thought I would be ultra competitive but in reality I ended up just playing the game and when I got out I didn't fight it. I lasted pretty long though up until round six. I guess I wasn't really too hard up for those plane tickets to fight to the death, but it was really interesting to see everyone's strategy how they would hover over the chairs or walk really slowly. By the end of the day I was just a little too tired to keep competing. It was nice to get my favorite season, free summer events, kicked off in this manner. I now know that I want to have a good time really getting to know myself and giving myself the childhood that I wanted in my adulthood. This day has taught me how to take care of myself. I now give myself permission to enjoy the day like I was a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment