Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 3: Kicking Off the Summer

So today was the start of the summer concert series in Brooklyn's Prospect Park and the headliner was the soul songstress Janelle Monet. I rushed home after work, packed me a liquid picnic with a side of salmon and kale, and headed to meet up with a Brooklyn based meet up group so I could enjoy the concert with some fellow music lovers. The line to get in was crazy cookoo bananas, luckily my group settled outside the gate, the view wasn't great but the company was cool. The best part was that I met some cool people. I'm at this transition phase where a lot of my friends have moved away or moved on with their lives and even though I am comfortable spending a lot of time with myself sometimes I get lonely. Sometimes I miss having a best friend that lives here just hanging out watching TV, playing a game of Mall Madness or Super Mario Brothers, and having tequila and tacos on a random night. At first I wasn't feeling it, but I'm happy that I stayed and got a chance to meet a bunch of different people. Summertime is starting to look up, keeping my fingers crossed and inviting positive energy into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment